The European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies is delighted to invite interested colleagues and the broader audience to attend and present at the Virtual Conference ESTSS 2021 “Trauma and Mental Health during the Global Pandemic”.
The Conference will create opportunities, over the course of the three days, to explore the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on public mental health, as it relates to both research and clinical practice, as well as presentations, workshops, and networking events.
ABSTRACT AND SYMPOSIUM SUBMISSION
The abstract submission will remain open from January 27th, 2021 until March 15th, 2021, and it will be possible to submit abstracts for individual oral presentations, flash-talks, poster presentations, and symposia with up to three presenters. Individual oral presentations are very welcome. We invite presentations regarding research and clinical care on the pandemic or those that have been affected by the pandemic.
The tracks will include:
- Trauma and stress
- Grief and loss
- Biological and medical aspects
- Children and adolescents
- Health care professionals
- Other specific populations (e.g., chronic disabilities, refugees)
- Best practice and lessons learned from clinical care
- Mental health assessment
- Human rights
WHAT THE ABSTRACT SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT INCLUDE
The Scientific Committee reviews each abstract that is submitted. The scientific quality of the abstracts presented contributes substantially toward making the virtual ESTSS conference a success. Therefore, there is a standard for abstract acceptance. The following guidelines apply to each abstract:
- The deadline for submitting an abstract is March 15th, 2021.
- You will receive a notification of acceptance or rejection in April 2021.
- The registration for the conference opens April 1st, 2021.
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS
- Symposium (including 3 presentations)
- Individual presentations in one of the following formats:
- Individual oral presentation (15-minute presentation, will be grouped to a symposium by the scientific committee)
- Flash talk (5-minute short presentation)
- Poster presentation
GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Abstracts should cover original work.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Submission of an abstract implies formal commitment by the presenting author to register for the conference and to hold their presentation. However, registration is not required at the time of submission.
- Abstracts cannot be edited/updated after submission.
- All abstracts will be evaluated by the ESTSS 2021 Conference Scientific Committee and may be rejected or might be selected for a poster or flash-talk instead of oral presentation.
- All abstracts accepted for presentation will be published in the digital abstract book and on the conference website (https://www.virtual-estss2021.com/) prior to the conference.
- Please note that the corresponding author will receive all correspondence about the abstract.
- Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation e-mail after clicking the submit button. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact us.
- If the abstract must be withdrawn, the ESTSS 2021 conference secretariat must be notified in writing at least ONE MONTH PRIOR to the conference via e-mail (email@example.com).
- Please make sure you will be available both days to hold your presentation, as the program will be determined at a later stage.
- Each presentation/abstract must address research or clinical practice related to the COVID-19 pandemic, or that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A symposium includes an overall description of the symposium and three abstracts. The symposium chair is responsible to submit all abstracts.
- Accepted individual oral presentations will be grouped to a symposium by the scientific committee.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- The title should be brief and clearly indicate the nature of the presentation.
- The abstract description must be within 250 words.
- All abstracts can include an unlimited number of authors.
- You have to choose a specific track for your abstract submission.
- Please note that we aim for one oral presentation per presenter (excluding poster presentations and co-authorships). However, exceptions may be possible.
The acceptance notice and session timing/ instructions will be sent by email in late April; it is therefore crucial to keep the email information up-to-date within the abstract submission module to ensure receipt of acceptance. Once poster and session presentations have been scheduled, the complexity of the program planning process prevents any changes in the type of session, time, or location of any presentation.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the European Journal of Psychotraumatology.